- MS & TS drafts of several novels
- newspaper cuttings of published theatre criticism
Papers of Arthur Harold Atkins (1910-2002), Balliol 1936.
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 3107 AH Atkins Papers
- Dates of Creation1920 - 2002, most material ND
- Name of Creator
- Language of MaterialEnglish
- Physical Description4 boxes
- Direct Link
Scope and Content
Administrative / Biographical History
Arthur Harold Atkins (Balliol 1936) was born 27 March 1910. He worked as a newspaper journalist, with an interest in music and the arts, and as a theatre critic. He had one novel, Sinister Smith, published in 1938, and married Lily Buxton in the same year. AH Atkins' death was registered in April 2002 at Bexley RD in Kent.
[Sources: Balliol College Register; obituary in The Guardian 8 April 2002, online at http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/obituaries/1390103/Harold-Atkins.html ]
Conditions Governing Access
This material is open to researchers.
not known; likely deposited by the subject.
Description by Dr John Jones, 2010, ed. Anna Sander 2018.
This material has not yet been appraised.