Extracts from parish registers, and select monumental inscriptions, of churches in Berkshire, Buckinghamshire and Oxfordshire, compiled by Joseph Lemuel Chester, including indexes of parishes and personal names.
Collections of Joseph Lemuel Chester
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description https://archiveshub.jisc.ac.uk/data/gb161-mss.top.berks.c.24;top.bucks.c.9;top.oxon.c.165-172
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 161 MSS. Top. Berks. c. 24; Top. Bucks. c. 9; Top. Oxon. c. 165-172
- Dates of Creation1880
- Language of MaterialEnglish.
- Physical Description10 shelfmarks
Scope and Content
Administrative / Biographical History
Joseph Lemuel Chester (1821-1882) was a genealogist. Details are given in the Dictionary of National Biography.
Conditions Governing Access
Entry to read in the Library is permitted only on presentation of a valid reader's card (for admissions procedures see http://www.bodleian.ox.ac.uk/specialcollections).
The volumes were presented to the Library by Brien Cokayne in 1912.
Collection level description created by Emily Tarrant, Department of Special Collections and Western Manuscripts.
Other Finding Aids
Falconer Madan, et al., A summary catalogue of western manuscripts in the Bodleian Library at Oxford which have not hitherto been catalogued in the Quarto series (7 vols. in 8 [vol. II in 2 parts], Oxford, 1895-1953; reprinted, with corrections in vols. I and VII, Munich, 1980), vol. VI, nos. 35682-3, 35724-31.