Notes on revisions, along with annotated revised and cut pages of the draft novel. Revisions, re-writes and cuts made at the request of Johnson's literary agent and publisher.
- One typewritten page with replacement text for interludes two and three. With a autograph note in green ink stating that the text was re-written for the German version, dated 3-5 Sep 1971.
- One typewritten final copy of deleted chapter two. 28pp.
- Sections deleted or revised at the request of George Greenfield, 22nd November 1961, inlcuding typewritten notes on revisions and typewritten loose pages cut from the novel, including black ink sketches of maps of the Stromboli Club and surrounding area.
- Four typewritten drafts of re-worked chapter four, at the request of Richard Sadleir at Constable, including the re-worked top copy and cut section. Also includes five other typewritten sections of the novel cut or re-written, including pages 213-222, 175-179 and 200-207.
- Typewritten and autograph notes in pencil regarding revisions and typewritten cut sections of the novel with annotatations and deletions marked in red ink, black ink and pencil. Sections of the novel which were revised or cut include interlude one, interlude three, chapter three, Appendix A, B, C & D, and loose individual pages. Also includes ink sketches of maps of the Stromboli Club and surrounding area, cut from the manuscript.
- Re-written chapter two, autograph and typewritten drafts with edits in pencil.