- Draft review of The Flag by Robert Shaw, How Many Miles to Babylon? by Ann Borowick, The Fly by Richard Chopping and Take
- Heed of Loving Me by Elizabeth Gray Vining, for Spectator, 7 Jan 1965.
- Draft review of Caernarvonshire: Volume II (West), for Spectator, 9 Feb 1965.
- Draft poetry review of Norman Mac Craig’s Measures, Sylvia Plath’s Ariel and David Wright’s Adam At Evening, for Ambit, 12 May 1965.
- Draft review of The Twelve Chairs by Ilf and Petrov, translated by John Richardson, for Socialist Commentary, 1 Jul 1965. #
- Draft review of A History of English Architecture by Peter Kidson, Peter Murray, and Paul Thompson, for Western Mail, 26 Jan 1966.
- Draft review of Three by Ann Quin, Tremor of intent by Anthony Burgess, The Partnership by Barry Unsworth, and The Early Life of Stephen Hind by Storm Jameson, for Sunday Times, 31 May 1966.
- Draft review for All Day Saturday by Colin McInnes, Caliban’s Wooing by Victor Price, The Train Ride by Peter Loughran and In Praise of Older Women by Stephen Vizinczey, 9 Aug 1966.
- Draft review of The Man with The Golden Arm, for New Statesman, 28 Sep 1966.
- Draft review of Almost A Gentleman by Mark Benney, for Sunday Times, 25 Oct 1966.
- Draft review of The New Brutalism by Reyner Banham and A Portrait of the Female Mind As a Young Girl by Alison Smithson, for Western Mail, 28 Dec 1966.