Draft of part of John Briggs's translation of the History of the rise of the Mahomedan power in India (4 vols., London, 1829).
Draft of John Briggs's translation of the History of the rise of the Mahomedan power in India
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description https://archiveshub.jisc.ac.uk/data/gb161-mss.eng.hist.c.1035-6
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 161 MSS. Eng. hist. c. 1035-6
- Dates of Creation19th century
- Language of MaterialEnglish.
- Physical Description2 shelfmarks
Scope and Content
Administrative / Biographical History
John Briggs (1785-1875) was an Indian officer and administrator. Details are given in the Dictionary of National Biography.
Conditions Governing Access
Entry to read in the Library is permitted only on presentation of a valid reader's card (for admissions procedures see http://www.bodleian.ox.ac.uk/specialcollections).
The draft was given by Blackwell's in ca. 1965 and transferred from the Indian Institute in 1975.
Collection level description created by Emily Tarrant, Department of Special Collections and Western Manuscripts.
Other Finding Aids
M. Clapinson and T.D. Rogers, Summary Catalogue of Post-Medieval Western Manuscripts in the Bodleian Library Oxford. Acquisitions 1916-1975. (Oxford, 1991), vol. I, nos. 40059-60.