Health issues covered in this report include;
- Progress on previous years' recommendations;
- The need to reduce variation in the provision of specific health services to deliver effective treatment equitably;
- Parallels between aviation safety and patient safety;
- Early recognition of warning signs to prevent kernicterus;
- Protecting public health budgets to sustain the health service;
- And preparing for the next flu pandemic.
Also included is a regional focus on some local problems, trends and initiatives across England.