This report proposed that people with long-term conditions could be encouraged to take an active part in their own care through self-management programmes and as key decision makers in their treatment process. Draws on research and practical experience in North America and Britain and makes recommendations aimed primarily at commissioning services, to reduce severity of symptoms and improve quality of life among sufferers.
The Expert Patient: A New Approach to Chronic Disease Management for the 21st Century
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 186 LD/3/3/7/1
- Dates of Creation14 Sep 2001
- Physical Description1 item, paper.
Scope and Content
Conditions Governing Access