Cardboard cut-out figure, probably Napoleon (nd); Letter from E.L. Hadfield (nd); 15 postcards (9 February 1917-29 August 1918); Red Cross postcard (29 December 1917); RNAS (Royal Naval Air Service) Pilot's Flying Log Book (18 July-29 November 1916); Scrapbook of newspaper cuttings (1916-1921); 7 photographs (30 September 1919); Appointments and certificates (1 February-28 August 1916); Typescript career outline of Captain J.D. Frazier (nd); Manuscript essay about Bulgaria ; Manuscript recollections (nd); Telegram (2 December 1916); Manuscript travel itinerary (nd); Manuscript copy of letter of appointment from the Admiralty (4 September 1916); Photocopy of manuscript recollections 'Two Years a Prisoner of the Bulgars', with other miscellaneous photocopies (nd); 2 boxes of glass slides (nd).
Rowland Frazier papers
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 206 Liddle Collection SAL 027
- Dates of Creation1916-1921
- Name of Creator
- Language of MaterialEnglish
- Physical Description3 boxes; manuscript, typescript, photographs, postcards, press cuttings, and printed material (partly photocopy). Includes 2 boxes of fragile glass slides, a cardboard cut-out figure, and a telegram.
Scope and Content
Administrative / Biographical History
Rowland W. Frazier was a Lieutenant, RNVR (Royal Naval Volunteer Reserve), attached to RNAS (Royal Naval Air Service), serving as an Observer in Salonika and captured in 1917.
Access is unrestricted.
The papers were placed in the Collection by Mrs J. Hughes (daughter).
Other Finding Aids
Salonika catalogue (hard copy) http://www.leeds.ac.uk/library/spcoll/liddle/index.htm
Alternative Form Available