Work for Lord and Lady Simon (former: Foreign Secretary). Involved with Women's Employment Federation run by Fawcett Society. Became public relations officer with Gas Council: growth of Women's Council; training Home Service Advisers. Involved with Lady Reading re Gas Council and Girl Guides. Went to Washington: represented Gas Industry at International Management Congress re home help scheme. Munich days. Head of London region of Women's Voluntary Service (WVS - now Women's Royal Voluntary Service: WRVS)). Took over as Chief Administrator of WRVS from Lindsey Huxley; opinions on Second World War.
Kathleen Mary Halpin: Tape Two
- For more information, email the repository
- Cite this description https://archiveshub.jisc.ac.uk/data/gb106-8nls/8nls/02/2
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 106 8NLS/02/2
- Dates of CreationSep 1990
- Physical Description1 audio cassette