In this manuscript letter Offord writes of his return to the United States from Britain and of delivering Owen's works to a number of individuals across the North-Eastern states. Offord, a Shaker, has returned to New Lebanon, New York, and has taken his son Daniel and daughter Emily to live with him. A number of Owen's letters and publications were given to Frederick Evans [the elder of the community] and Offord notes they were "kindly" received.
Letter from William Offord to Robert Owen
- For more information, email the repository
- Cite this description https://archiveshub.jisc.ac.uk/data/gb1499-roc/roc/15/6/4
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 1499 ROC/15/6/4
- Dates of Creation26 Oct 1856
- Physical Description2 pages