Manuscript letter: Hawkes informs Owen that he has "fallen from a position of considerable ease and competence," and is currently dependent on his father. Hawkes states that he is "embarassed [sic] for the want of twenty pounds" in order to cover debts and asks if Owen would be able to aid him, promising to repay half in six months and the rest within one year. He implores Owen not to speak of his request to anybody.
Letter from Sidney Milner Hawkes to Robert Owen
- For more information, email the repository
- Cite this description https://archiveshub.jisc.ac.uk/data/gb1499-roc/roc/8/35/1
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 1499 ROC/8/35/1
- Dates of Creation26 Nov 1856
- Physical Description4 pages
Scope and Content
Stamped number: 2566.