Manuscript letter making reference to a Panorama being exhibited by one of Owen's "old disciples" Thomas Atkins of Oxford. Pemberton expresses feeling great pleasure in seeing the Panorama and proceeds to give some ideas of what he believes should be displayed upon the Panorama, particularly in terms of education. Owen's infant schools at New Lanark should be the starting point, followed by the self supporting establishments with education facilities attached which Owen developed and then finally Pemberton's own Happy Colony.
Letter from Robert Pemberton to Robert Owen
- For more information, email the repository
- Cite this description https://archiveshub.jisc.ac.uk/data/gb1499-roc/roc/16/30/3
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 1499 ROC/16/30/3
- Dates of Creation27 Nov 1854
- Physical Description4 pages