Manuscript letter: Hindle informs Owen that in celebration of his 88th birthday, "a number of friends and disciples assembled" at Hindle's home in order to celebrate Owen's birthday and to make a congratulatory address, which was sent with the letter [not present]. Hindle continues by complimenting Owen on his deeds and how they have bettered mankind, and that himself and others have "profited" from his teachings.
Letter from John Hindle to Robert Owen
- For more information, email the repository
- Cite this description https://archiveshub.jisc.ac.uk/data/gb1499-roc/roc/8/62/1
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 1499 ROC/8/62/1
- Dates of Creation17 May 1858
- Physical Description4 pages
Scope and Content
Stamped number: 2906.