Manuscript letter: Owen is informed that the opening of the new Hall of Science is to be postponed to a future date, but they are still prepared to receive him on the upcoming Sunday to give his lectures. Thornton also advises Owen that Mr. [John] Brindley has been spreading slanderous statements about him and his system.
Letter from Henry Thornton to Robert Owen
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 1499 ROC/19/18/3
- Dates of Creation16 Dec 1839
- Physical Description3 days
Scope and Content
Stamped number: 1218.