Manuscript: The act states that heads of families who emigrate to Texas between January 1840 and January 1842 are entitled to 640 acres of land, and single men entitled to 320 acres of land; provided that they are white, and both reside on that land and develop it for 3 years.
Copy of an act of Congress granting land to emigrants in Texas
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 1499 ROC/26/16/1
- Dates of Creation4 Feb 1841
- Physical Description7 pages
Scope and Content
Stamped number: 1296.