In this manuscript letter James Lindsay informs Robert Owen that his detractors' have not made the "smallest inroad upon the New Classification of Society," and in fact have only helped to show their own ignorance of the system. Lindsay does concede that their ignorance may be based on the fact that the phraseology used "is not so precise or scientific as to mark its exact character." If this could be rectified then it might help to ease doubts, and Lindsay offers some suggestions.
Letter from James Lindsay to Robert Owen
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 1499 ROC/12/20/2
- Dates of Creation23 Apr 1840
- Physical Description4 pages
Scope and Content
Stamped number: 1273.