Manuscript letter: Vines informs Owen that 500 copies of the published report of the debate between Owen and Legg have been dispatched to almost 200 booksellers. Legg, in a letter to the local newspapers, has voiced his opposition to the sale of this report. The editors of the local Reading newspapers refuse to insert a reply from Vines and so handbills have been printed and circulated around town. As a result there has been "considerable stir and talk."
Letter from David Vines to Robert Owen
- For more information, email the repository
- Cite this description https://archiveshub.jisc.ac.uk/data/gb1499-roc/roc/21/14/11
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 1499 ROC/21/14/11
- Dates of Creation12 Apr 1839
- Physical Description3 pages
Scope and Content
Stamped number: 1096.