Manuscript letter asking Owen for advice and possible assistance regarding the correspondent's plan to correct what he considers to be defective within "the general plan of the Education of Youth" through the provision of instruction in rural economy. Enclosed in furtherance of this aim is an "Outline of the First London Friendly Aid Society" (3 pages). This gives details of his proposed plan, the main object of which is "to unite mankind in friendly and active co-operation to promote each others general welfare and especially to provide means of employment and subsistence for those who may fall into destitute circumstances, also to assist sick and superannuated members, widows and orphans".
Letter from G. Waddington to Robert Owen
- For more information, email the repository
- Cite this description https://archiveshub.jisc.ac.uk/data/gb1499-roc/roc/22/1/1
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 1499 ROC/22/1/1
- Dates of Creation10 Aug 1830
- Physical Description6 pages