Manuscript letter, in which Redman asks Owen for money to help with the schooling of her children as she has been cast adrift by her husband. She tells of being in America at the same time as Owen, was introduced to him, and had considered joining the community at New Harmony before falling sick prevented her doing so. Returning to Europe the following summer, her husband soon after took a position [?] in Jamaica, later moving onto Mexico and from where, for the last two years, he has sent no money to help with the upkeep of their children.
Letter from Ellen Redman to Robert Owen
- For more information, email the repository
- Cite this description https://archiveshub.jisc.ac.uk/data/gb1499-roc/roc/17/7/1
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 1499 ROC/17/7/1
- Dates of Creation19 Jan 1830
- Physical Description3 pages