In this manuscript letter, William Pare explains to Owen that he may be summoned up before the Court of Commons "now sitting on the subject of education, to give evidence thereon as regards Birmingham". He also expresses how the Official Gazette is well received there and that Mr Hansom seems to be doing a good job in his new role. He also remarks on the commotion caused by talk of the Established Church, and that people "cry aloud for the putting down of the Established Church".
Letter from William Pare to Robert Owen
- For more information, email the repository
- Cite this description https://archiveshub.jisc.ac.uk/data/gb1499-roc/roc/16/7/7
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 1499 ROC/16/7/7
- Dates of Creation19 Jun 1834
- Physical Description3 pages