Manuscript letter: Hampson is conscious that Owen is in Huddersfield; he suggests a "course of lectures" at Wakefield's "Institution." He believes that "Sunday lectures do not answer" and proposes a weekday alternative. Hampson asserts his commitment to "the principles of Socialism." He hopes that Owen's lectures will address "the marriage system" – a subject on which Hampson observes "great prejudice."
Letter from John Hampson to Robert Owen
- For more information, email the repository
- Cite this description https://archiveshub.jisc.ac.uk/data/gb1499-roc/roc/8/11/1
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 1499 ROC/8/11/1
- Dates of Creation28 Apr 1840
- Physical Description4 pages