Manuscript letter that refers to an offer by Thomas Atkins to build a submarine with which to break the siege at Sebastapol in the Crimean War (see ROC/1/44/6). Atkins offer is given without any mention of payment for his time, and Campbell ventures that this proves Atkins' "disinterested Sincerity in the matter"; Owen is asked to obtain an interview with new members of the Cabinet [of the Government] to help Atkins with his plans.
Letter from Alex Campbell to Robert Owen
- For more information, email the repository
- Cite this description https://archiveshub.jisc.ac.uk/data/gb1499-roc/roc/3/5/30
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 1499 ROC/3/5/30
- Dates of Creation12 Feb 1855
- Physical Description4 pages