Manuscript copy of Robert Owen's address, in which it is stated that the population have an "important duty" to peaceably bring about change from the old, ignorant systems which were introduced at a time when people found themselves in a "state of barbarism, inexperienced in a knowledge of the arts and sciences, and had entirely mistaken the laws of their own nature".
'Address to the Population of Great Britain and Ireland'
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 1499 ROC/26/23/2
- Dates of Creation8 Feb 1848
- Physical Description8 pages
Administrative / Biographical History
Stamped number: 1564