Black and white photograph of a tracing of a design for a book cover [by May Morris], leaning sideways on against a white stand. The photograph is not very clear. The design is the same as that in 7MMO/1/173, and is simple; with vine type leaves covering the front cover and spine, and on the back cover a sprig of leaves at each inside corner, and a flower head on each outside corner. The design is made up of lines of dots, possibly perforations. The photograph is pasted onto a page, along with 7MMO/1/173, sideways on (so that the design is the correct way up). The object was held and photographed at the Bodleian Library, Oxford University. The photographs were taken during research by Elizabeth Masterman, for her book on May Morris. The text on the page reads 'pounced tracing'.
Design for a Book Cover
- For more information, email the repository
- Cite this description https://archiveshub.jisc.ac.uk/data/gb106-7mmo/7mmo/1/172
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 106 7MMO/1/172
- Former ReferenceGB 106 CM Object/ 7/MMO/1/172
- Dates of CreationNov 1982
- Physical Description1 object
Scope and Content
Physical Characteristics and/or Technical Requirements
Yellowing slightly towards the very edge. Production method: gelatin silver print.