Comprises 44 autograph letters from Peregrine Osborne, 2nd Duke of Leeds, to his wife Bridget dated 14 September 1677-21 May 1723 (with transcripts). Many of these letters were written before their marriage.
Letters from Peregrine Osborne, 2nd Duke of Leeds, to his wife, Bridget Osborne
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 206 Brotherton Collection MS Misc. Letters 1 Osborne (1)
- Dates of Creation1677-1723
- Name of Creator
- Language of MaterialEnglish
- Physical Description44 letters held in 4 envelopes, manuscript. The material was formerly bound into two volumes containing also transcripts of the letters, which are now shelved in a separate author/alphabetical sequence following the main sequence of Miscellaneous Letters.
Scope and Content
Administrative / Biographical History
Peregrine Osborne (1658-1729) was 2nd Duke of Leeds and a vice-admiral. He married Bridget Hyde, who died in 1733. For fuller details of his life and achievements see the Dictionary of National Biography.
Access is unrestricted.
From the library of Lord Brotherton.