Comprises 44 autograph letters from Peregrine Osborne, 2nd Duke of Leeds, to his wife Bridget dated 14 September 1677-21 May 1723 (with transcripts). Many of these letters were written before their marriage.
Letters from Peregrine Osborne, 2nd Duke of Leeds, to his wife, Bridget Osborne
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 206 Brotherton Collection MS Misc. Letters 1 Osborne (1)
- Dates of Creation1677-1723
- Name of Creator
- Language of MaterialEnglish
- Physical Description44 letters held in 4 envelopes, manuscript. The material was formerly bound into two volumes containing also transcripts of the letters, which are now shelved in a separate author/alphabetical sequence following the main sequence of Miscellaneous Letters.
Scope and Content
Administrative / Biographical History
Peregrine Osborne (1658-1729) was 2nd Duke of Leeds and a vice-admiral. He married Bridget Hyde, who died in 1733. For fuller details of his life and achievements see the Dictionary of National Biography.
Conditions Governing Access
Access is unrestricted.
From the library of Lord Brotherton.