Marriage registers of the English Congregational Church, Ritson Street, 1932-1977; Onllwyn Congregational Church, 1957-1962; United Reformed Church, Gnoll Road, 1948-1985; Mount Pleasant English Congregational Church, Grovesend, 1955-1956; Canaan Chapel, Foxhole, 1910-1968; Fabians Bay Congregational Church, 1899-1969; Rhyddings Congregational Church, 1933-1943; Walters Road Congregational Church, 1918-1975.
English Congregational Church Marriage Registers
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 216 D/D E/Cong Mar
- Dates of Creation1899-1985
- Name of CreatorRitson Street English Congregational Church, Briton Ferry; Onllwyn Congregational Church, Dylais Higher; United Reformed Church, Gnoll Road, Neath; Mount Pleasant English Congregational Church, Grovesend; Canaan Chapel, Foxhole, Swansea; Fabians Bay Congregational Church, Swansea; Rhyddings Congregational Church, Uplands, Swansea; Walters Road Congregational Church, Swansea
- Language of MaterialEnglish
- Physical Description(31 volumes)
Scope and Content
Administrative / Biographical History
Ritson Street English Congregational Church, Briton Ferry, Glamorgan (now Neath Port Talbot), began in 1875 when members of Bethesda Welsh Independent chapel in Briton Ferry established a separate English congregation. The chapel was opened in 1880 but closed in 2003. Gnoll Road Congregational Church, Neath, Glamorgan, was established in 1849 on Wind Street, Neath. The Gnoll Road chapel was built in the 1890s. It later became part of the United Reform Church, established in 1972. Canaan English Congregational Church, Foxhole, Swansea, was established in 1840. Fabian's Bay Congregational Church, St Thomas, Swansea, was established in 1861, the chapel opening in 1862. Rhyddings Congregational Church, Finsbury Terrace, Uplands, Swansea, was established in 1892. Walters Road Congregational Church, Swansea, was established in about 1867. The chapel was opened in 1869.
Arranged into the following: Ritson Street; Onllwyn; Gnoll Road; Mount Pleasant; Canaan Chapel; Fabians Bay; Rhyddings; Walters Road.
Conditions Governing Access
It is the policy of the West Glamorgan Archive Service to withhold the names of depositors.
Compiled by Rhys Jones for the ANW project. The following sources were used in the compilation of this description: West Glamorgan Archive Service, Religion - Nonconformist - English Congregational Church Marriage Registers, catalogue; Collis, Kim, West Glamorgan Archive Service - A Guide to the Collections (West Glamorgan Archive Service, 1998); NLW, Capeli database, viewed 13 September 2005.
Other Finding Aids
Hard copies of the catalogue are available at West Glamorgan Archive Service.
Conditions Governing Use
Usual copyright regulations apply.
All records have been retained
Accruals are not expected