Copy of Oxford University MPhil Thesis by Tom de Fonblanque. A study of medical missionary practice in Republican China between 1918 and 1937, and the contemporary transformation of Chinese healthcare during this period. The thesis focuses on the Shantou mission hospitals of the Presbyterian Church of England (PCE).
'Medical Missionaries in Republican China: The Shantou Mission Hospitals, 1918-1937'
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description https://archiveshub.jisc.ac.uk/data/gb102-ms381083
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 102 MS 381083
- Dates of Creation2009
- Name of Creator
- Language of MaterialEnglish
- Physical Description100 pages
Scope and Content
Administrative / Biographical History
Tom de Fonblanque was born in London in 1985, studied history at Cambridge University (BA, 2004-8), and Modern Chinese Studies (MPhil, 2007-9). Following completion of his studies de Fonblanque worked for HM Treasury.
Conditions Governing Access
Donated by author September 2011.