- MS 441/8/1-2;D Letters (2) to Robert Brown of Campster,  and 9 April 1895 [Regarding paper on Arctic seals and Arctic regions] 2 leaves, autograph
- MS 1532/1/37;D Letter to Reverend C R Conybeare, 10 July 1875 [Description of weather conditions from Alert, British Arctic Expedition, 1875-1876]
- MS 301/18;D Letter to Benjamin Leigh Smith, 7 November 1880 [Congratulations on achievements of the 1880 voyage to Franz Josef Land] 1 leaf, autograph
- MS 366/15;ER Letters (2) to Robert Falcon Scott, 7 April 1900 and 8 August 1903 [In Papers of the British National Antarctic Expedition, 1901-1904, volume 5 items 23-24] autograph
- MS 564/1;D Letter to Robert Falcon Scott, 22 August 1912 [Sent with Edward RGR Evans and returned on death of Scott, regarding possible outbreak of scurvy on sledging parties] photocopy
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 15 Sir Albert Markham/Correspondence
- Dates of Creation1873-22 August 1912
- Name of Creator
- Physical DescriptionCirca 7 letters
- Direct Link
Scope and Content
Administrative / Biographical History
The correspondence relates to the British Arctic Expedition, 1875-1876 (leader George Strong Nares), the British National Antarctic Expedition, 1901-1904 (leader Robert Falcon Scott) and other polar maters.
The correspondence is arranged alphabetically by recipient.