- MS 883;BJ Reminiscences, undated [Memoirs of a whaling captain based in Hobart, including sealing expeditions] 174 leaves, Xerox
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 15 James William Robinson/Reminiscences
- Dates of Creation[19th century]
- Name of Creator
- Language of MaterialEnglish.
- Physical DescriptionCirca 174 leaves
- Direct Link
Scope and Content
Administrative / Biographical History
The notes compiled by Robinson relate to his career as a whaling and sealing captain operating out of Hobart, Tasmania. These notes include the Tasmanian Sealing Voyage, 1858-1860 to Heard Island. Two ships sailed from Hobart Offley and Elizabeth Jane. Robinson's wife gave birth to their son James on Iles Kerguelen, 11 March 1859.
Alternative Form Available
This is a copy.
Location of Originals
The original notes are held by the State Library of Tasmania. (1982)