Three notebooks of D.D. Evans, containing references to persons in the book trade from the St. James's Chronicle, 1772-9, and from London directories, 1763-96, the Gentleman's Magazine, 1731-80, and registers of London parishes.
Notebooks of D.D. Evans
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description https://archiveshub.jisc.ac.uk/data/gb161-mss.eng.misc.e.1387-9
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 161 MSS. Eng. misc. e. 1387-9
- Dates of Creation1964
- Language of MaterialEnglish.
- Physical Description3 shelfmarks
Scope and Content
Administrative / Biographical History
Conditions Governing Access
Entry to read in the Library is permitted only on presentation of a valid reader's card (for admissions procedures see http://www.bodleian.ox.ac.uk/specialcollections).
The notebooks were given to the Library by D.D. Evans in 1964.
Collection level description created by Emily Tarrant, Department of Special Collections and Western Manuscripts.
Other Finding Aids
M. Clapinson and T.D. Rogers, Summary Catalogue of Post-Medieval Western Manuscripts in the Bodleian Library Oxford. Acquisitions 1916-1975. (Oxford, 1991), vol. I, nos. 45954-6.