Comprises a witty English pastoral poem.
A gentle echo on woman, attributed to D. Swift
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description https://archiveshub.jisc.ac.uk/data/gb206-brothertoncollectionmslt108
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 206 Brotherton Collection MS Lt 108
- Dates of Creationca. 1710-1720
- Name of Creator
- Language of MaterialEnglish
- Physical Description1 f. written on both sides, manuscript. Written in a single eighteenth-century hand.
Scope and Content
Administrative / Biographical History
The attribution of this otherwise unknown poem to 'D. Swift' may indicate D[ean Jonathan] Swift, the poet and satirist. For fuller details of his life and achievements see the Dictionary of National Biography.
Conditions Governing Access
Access is unrestricted.
Purchased from Heath's bookshop on 25 October 1995.
Other Finding Aids
The poem is indexed in the BCMSV database http://www.leeds.ac.uk/library/spcoll/bcmsv/bcmvlink.htm#bclt108