Administrative records of the University, including records of; personnel, finance, building and estates, academic services and corporate communications. Records include; letterbooks, account books, minutes and report books, photographs and press cuttings.
Archive of the University of Liverpool: Administrative Records of the University of Liverpool
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 141 ULIV Admin
- Dates of Creation1877-[ongoing]
- Name of Creator
- Language of MaterialAll of the material is in English unless otherwise stated
- Physical Description7 series
Scope and Content
Administrative / Biographical History
Administration of the University of Liverpool involves a range of services supporting the efficient management of the University. The Registrar is the University's senior administrative officer under the Vice-Chancellor and is assisted by six senior officers of the Personnel Office, Finance Office, Academic Secretary's Office, Administrative Services, Buildings and Estates, Research and Business Services.
The Archive of the University of Liverpool: Administrative Records is arranged according to Administrative Departments of the University:
- A General administrative section
Administrative offices of the University:
- Academic Secretary's Office
- Administrative Services (includes Corporate Communications)
- Facilities Management (formerly Buildings and Estates)
- Information Services
- Research, Business Services
- Liverpool University Press
Although not strictly part of Administrative Services, Information Services has been included in this finding aid.
Conditions Governing Access
Please phone (0151 794 2696) or email for an appointment; you may reserve material in advance.
For non University of Liverpool visitors, please bring some form of photo id (e.g. driving licence, travel pass, passport); Sydney Jones Library reception desk staff will issue you with a day pass.
Please note that some materials may be closed or have restricted access.