This series documents Robin Howard's close involvement with the Contemporary Dance Trust, his efforts on its behalf and his contribution to the wider dance world. There are documents relating to his work for the trust and his support for other companies and artists, including Martha Graham and her company and school. There is also material on Robin Howard's involvement with the International Theatre Institute and his links with organisations promoting dance in the USA. There are also documents concerning his support for projects such as the Hammersmith Riverside Studios and his promotion of the education work of the Contemporary Dance Trust. The series also contains copies of outgoing correspondence and personal financial information.
Robin Howard's papers
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 71 THM/22/2
- Dates of Creation1964 - 1996
- Physical Description207 files
- Direct Link
Scope and Content
This series has been divided into twelve sub-series:
- THM/22/2/1 - Correspondence and memoranda on behalf of the Contemporary Dance Trust
- THM/22/2/2 - Involvement inInternational Theatre Institute
- THM/22/2/3 - Support for other companies
- THM/22/2/4 - Support for individual artists
- THM/22/2/5 - Correspondence with Martha Graham Dance Company and and the Martha Graham School of Contemporary Dance
- THM/22/2/6 - Involvement in Hammersmith Riverside Studios
- THM/22/2/7 - Links with USA
- THM/22/2/8 - Correspondence with schools and colleges
- THM/22/2/9 - Other involvement in the dance world
- THM/22/2/10 - Press cuttings and publicity information
- THM/22/2/11 - Outgoing letters
- THM/22/2/12 - Personal financial information
Conditions Governing Access
Access to these files (apart from the sub-series THM/22/2/10 Press cuttings and publicity information) is on a restricted basis until 1 January 2030.
Written permission granting access must be given by the designated officers of The Place. The designated officers authorised to grant access permission during the restricted period are Sue Hoyle and David Burnie, who will consult with Janet Eager (member of the Board of Governors) on any matters of particular sensitivity.
For more details please see notes at sub-series and file level.