This series contains information on the overarching administration of the Contemporary Dance Trust. The series includes documents created by the Board and Trustees and by various organisational committees. There are reports on the activities and on structure and organisation of the trust and documents detailing reorganisation. There is correspondence with bodies such as the Arts Council of Great Britain and the National Music Council. There is also documentation of the daily running of the trust through administrative memos and through minutes of the meetings of the Heads of Departments, Co-ordination meetings and meetings of the divisional directors. Information on financial matters, insurance and fund-raising and building plans are all contained within the series. There are also personnel records and correspondence with organisations such as the British Actor's Equity Association and the Musician's Union representing those working for the Contemporary Dance Trust.
Administration and Finance
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 71 THM/22/1
- Dates of Creation1957 - 1998
- Physical Description601 files
Scope and Content
This series has been divided into fifteen sub-series
- THM/22/1/1 - Board Papers
- THM/22/1/2 - Trust Papers
- THM/22/1/3 - Committee papers
- THM/22/1/4 - Reorganisation
- THM/22/1/10 - Administrative memoranda
- THM/22/1/11 - Building management
- THM/22/1/12 - British Actor's Equity Association and the Musicians' Union
- THM/22/1/13 - General personnel and recruitment files
- THM/22/1/14 - Personnel files for dancers, teachers, technicians and administrative staff
- THM/22/1/15 - Personnel files for musicians and composers
Material covered by the Data Protection Act 1998 will be closed for the lifetime of the individuals named. Where a file refers to more than one individual it will be closed until the demise of all the individuals named.
Financial information concerning living individual's will be closed for that individual's lifetime. Where a file refers to more than one individual it will be closed until the demise of all the individuals named .
Records of board meetings (agendas, papers and minutes) are restricted until 1 January 2050.
Robin Howard's personal correspondence is restricted until 1 January 2030.
Internal memoranda circulated by Jack Norton are restricted until 1 January 2030.
Permission to access and use restricted records must be granted by the designated officers of The Place, 17 Duke's Road, London, WC1H 9PY. Sue Hoyle and David Burnie will grant permission, consulting Janet Eager about issues of a sensitive nature.
For more details please see notes at sub-series and file level.