Deeds relating to Doddinghurst Great Easton, the manor of Pudsey, Roxwall, Thaxted, Tylley, Writtle in Essex and Ibstone and Stokenchurch in Oxfordshire (now Buckinghamshire) with warrants for release to the Sheriff of Essex.
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 161 MSS Ch. Essex 1153-80 and 1185(P); Oxon. 4228-9
- Dates of Creation1536-1736
- Language of MaterialEnglish, and Latin.
- Physical Description31 shelfmarks
Scope and Content
Administrative / Biographical History
Conditions Governing Access
Entry to read in the Library is permitted only on presentation of a valid reader's card (for admissions procedures see http://www.bodleian.ox.ac.uk/specialcollections).
The deeds were given to the Library by Major A.G.C. Fane in 1948 and 1949.
Collection level description created by Emily Tarrant, Department of Special Collections and Western Manuscripts.
Other Finding Aids
A description is available in the Library.
The deeds were given to Major A.G.C. Fane by Mr F. Fane of Wormsley.