Music manuscripts in the Cwrtmawr collection, comprising 18th-20th century tune-books containing both sacred and secular music.
Cwrtmawr Music Manuscripts,
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 210 MSCWRTMUS
- Alternative Id.(alternative) vtls006067080
- Dates of Creation[18 cent., first ½]-1925.
- Name of Creator
- Language of MaterialWelsh English French Musical notation, Welsh, English, French.
- Physical Description52 volumes.
- LocationARCH/MSS (GB0210)
Scope and Content
Arranged as Cwrtmawr Music MSS 1-51.
Access to the original manuscripts by authorised permission only. Readers are directed to use surrogate copies.
John Humphreys Davies; Donation and bequest; 1926
Title based on contents.
These descriptions supersede those printed in the Library's Handlist of Music MSS (1934), ff. 12-62.
Alternative Form Available
MSS 1-50ii are available on microfilm at the Library.
Description compiled by Maredudd ap Huw & Ceridwen Lloyd Morgan;
Conditions Governing Use
Usual copyright laws apply.
Llyfrgell Genedlaethol Cymru = The National Library of Wales