1. King's College and University, Aberdeen. Award of the degree of Doctor of Divinity to W.R. 3 July 1764. Signed by the following professors: John Chalmers, John Lumsden, John Gregory, Alexander Burnet, Thomas Gordon, Thomas Reid, John Leslie, George Gordon.
Vellum, approx. 60 cms x 68 cms, with small wax seal in metal box attached.
2. Edinburgh, Town Council. Commission of W.R. as Principal of the University of Edinburgh. 11 November 1762. Signed by George Drummond, John Carmichaell, John Walker, George Pitcarne, Patrick Lindesay, and John Brown.
Vellum, approx. 56 cms x 51 cms, with paper seal attached.
3. Royal appointment of W. R. as Historiographer in Scotland. 6 August 1763.
Vellum, approx. 62 cms x 34 cms, with badly broken wax seal (approx. 15 cms in diameter) attached in bag. Fragments of seal also in accompanying envelope.
4. University of Glasgow. Award of the degree of Doctor of Letters to W.R. 20 October 1758. Signed by Professors Leechman, Lindesay, Simson, Moor, Smith, Anderson, Buchanan, Clow, Hamilton, and Black.
Vellum, approx. 57 cms x 42 cms, with oval wax seal (cracked) in metal box attached. The metal box, with hinged lid, originally containing the certificate, is also preserved.
5. Admission of W.R. as Burgess and Guild Brother of Edinburgh. 11 February 1761. Signed by the Dean of Guild, George Lindsay.
Vellum, approx. 38 cms x 33 cms.
6. St Petersburg Academy of Sciences. Diploma of foreign membership awarded to W.R. by Princess Catharina Daschkow, Director, in the Name of Empress Catherine II. 30 January 1783. Signed by the princess and by Johannes Albertus Euler as Secretary.
Vellum, approx. 41 cms x 33 cms, with imperial wax seal in silver-gilt box with the crowned double headed eagle embossed on the cover. Seal attached by green, red and gold cords. Metal cylinder originally holding the document is also preserved.
7. Patent of arms to W.R. by the Lord Lyon King of Arms. 20 October 1783.
Vellum, approx. 32 cms x 30 cms, with small wax seal in metal box attached. Square metal box originally holding the document is also preserved.
8. Old Revolution Club. Diploma of membership to W.R. 17 May 1748. Signed by David Forbes as clerk.
Vellum, approx. 25 cms x 15 cms, with small wax seal in metal box attached.
9. William Robertson's spectacles.
Each lens 3.5 cms in diameter. Frame 12 cms wide. With old wrappings.
10. Old Revolution Club. Diploma of membership to "Mr William Robertson, Student of Law", that is Principal Robertson's son (1753-1835), who later became Lord Robertson. 15 November 1771. Signed by Martin Moubray as clerk.
Vellum, approx. 21 cms x 14 cms, with small wax seal in metal box attached.
11. Royal appointment of W.R. as a chaplain-in-ordinary in Scotland. 17 July 1761.
Vellum, approx. 37 cms x 24 cms, with wax seal, slightly damaged, in metal box attached.
12. Royal presentation of W.R. to the church and parish of Gladsmuir in the Presbytery of Haddington. 20 September 1743. Issued "At our Head Quarters at Speir".
Vellum, approx. 37 cms x 27 cms, with fragments of a wax seal in metal box attached.
13. Royal ward of annuity of £200 to W.R. 23 June 1781.
Vellum, folded, approx. 60 cms x 40 cms, with wax seal of George III in metal box attached.
14. St Andrews Town Council. Admission of W.R. to the freedom of the burgh. 28 September 1749.
Vellum, folded, approx. 28 cms x 17 cms, with papier-mache seal (8 cms in diameter) attached on tape.