A Memorial Volume presented to the widow of George William Wood (1781-1843), MP for Kendal, (who promoted the Dissenters Chapels Bill) by all the Unitarian Chapels in the Provincial Assembly of Lancashire and Cheshire upon his death in 1843. Signed by every Minister and all members of the Churches in Lancashire and Cheshire, it contains some 3,200 names. In a slip-case and polished wooden box.
Memorial Volume of G.W. Wood, MP
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description https://archiveshub.jisc.ac.uk/data/gb133-engms1168
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 133 Eng MS 1168
- Dates of Creation1844
- Name of Creator
- Language of MaterialEnglish
- Physical Description365 x 230 mm. 1 volume (ii + 91 + ii folios); Medium: vellum. Binding: leather binding with silver clasps and inscribed plaque.
Scope and Content
Conditions Governing Access
The manuscript is available for consultation by any accredited reader.
Presented to the John Rylands Library by Mrs Dorothy Wood of Dorking, through the Reverend Dr Herbert J. McLachlan [principal of Manchester College, Oxford].
Description compiled by Jo Humpleby, project archivist.
Other Finding Aids
Catalogued in the Hand-List of the Collection of English Manuscripts in the John Rylands Library, 1952-1970 (English MS 1168).