Includes family news, life at Wallington, domestic arrangements including staff, reference to her work with the Women's Institute, discussion of works on the Wallington estate, letters from visits with her family at Fairnie Lea, Attingham and St Albans, a visit from Alan [Scott?], reference to the Winter Garden at Middlesbrough and its potential sale, religion and belief with discussion of reincarnation, Charles' declining health and death, sorting Charles' papers and subsequent arrangements at Wallington with the National Trust including the involvement of the agent Mr Proud and the first day as a National Trust property.
Letters to Elsa from Mary
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 186 CPT/6/2/2
- Former ReferenceGB 186 CPT 260
- Dates of Creation1948 - 1958
- Language of MaterialEnglish
- Physical Description1 file correspondence
Scope and Content
Some Access Restrictions (Data Protection reasons). Special Collections staff will provide researchers with further details of these restrictions.