Additional cover information reads: 'Being typescript of a new version of "Christianity in Polynesia; A Study and Defence", 1899; with correspondence concerning publication, which did not materialize'. Includes manuscript letters & some printed extracts.
Polynesia; Past, Present and Future, by Joseph King
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 102 CWML MSS/120
- Former ReferenceGB 102 CWML E14/3
- Dates of Creation1914
- Language of MaterialEnglish
- Physical Description1 vol (234 pp)
Scope and Content
Administrative / Biographical History
Rev Joseph King was a missionary with the London Missionary Society in Samoa, 1863-1874. He was later the Society's organising agent in Australia. He was the author of 'Ten Decades: The Australian Centenary Story of the LMS (1895), 'Christianity in Polynesia (1900), and 'W. G. Lawes of Savage Island and New Guinea' (1909).