Manuscript account with some printed extracts.
A Brief History of the South Sea Mission [established & maintained by the London Missionary Society], by Joseph Mullens [Foreign Secretary of the Society]
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 102 CWML MSS/125
- Former ReferenceGB 102 CWML E18
- Dates of Creation1878
- Language of MaterialEnglish
- Physical Description1 vol
Scope and Content
Administrative / Biographical History
Joseph Mullens was a missionary with the London Missionary Society in Calcutta, appointed in 1843. In 1865 he was invited to return to England to be associated with Dr Tidman in the Foreign Secretaryship of the LMS. On the death of Dr Tidman in 1868 he became sole Foreign Secretary. He died in 1879.