- Microfilm copies of census returns and indexes, probate indexes, newspapers, and parish registers
- printed sources including burgess rolls and electoral lists, monumental inscriptions, parish register transcriptions, trade directories, and books on the history of Wrexham County Borough
- maps including Ordnance Survey maps, 1872-[1970s], tithe maps for parishes in Wrexham County Borough, and Alan Godfrey old maps
- original records including early council records for Wrexham town and rural districts, Allington Community Council, 1967-1991, Burton Community Council, 1967-1991, Rossett Community Council, 1967-1991, Bethania Welsh Baptist Chapel, Ruabon, 1894-1990, Brake Methodist Chapel, Moss, 1855-2001, Wesleyan Methodist Church, Coedpoeth circuit, 1859-2001, Wrexham Diocese, Roman Catholic Church, 1828-1930, Cefn-mawr School, 1895-1976, North East Wales Institute, 1976-1992, Wrexham Cricket Club, 1920-1999, Wrexham Sports Club, 1960-1991, the Thompson family of Stansty Hall, 1799-1871, Flexsys (Monsanto) Chemical works, Ruabon 19th-20th century, L Rowland and Co., Chemists 1759-1997, miscellaneous deeds from 1591 and various photographs and postcards
Wrexham Archives Service collection
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
Scope and Content
Administrative / Biographical History
Wrexham Archives Service was created in 1996, and has accumulated historic records, maps and photographs relating to local authorities, schools, various churches and chapels, local businesses, societies and organisations, families and estates within the County Borough.
Arranged by deposit.
Conditions Governing Access
Other Finding Aids
Catalogues and lists are available at Wrexham Archive Service.
Conditions Governing Use
Usual copyright regulations apply.
Accruals are expected.