Comprises 12 English satirical poems and 2 prose pieces concerning Queen Anne, the Duke and Duchess of Marlborough, and other public figures.
Collection of topical poems, mostly political satires, concerning the reign of Queen Anne
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 206 Brotherton Collection MS Lt 81
- Dates of Creationca. 1704
- Name of Creator
- Language of MaterialEnglish
- Physical Description1 vol. (9 ff.), manuscript. Written in a single hand. F.1 is blank, apart from the pencilled number 32 on recto. Bound in boards with dark red half leather and marbling on the outside covers.
Scope and Content
Administrative / Biographical History
The compiler of this manuscript is unknown.
Access is unrestricted.
Purchased at Sotheby's on 25 January 1988.
Other Finding Aids
The poems are indexed in the BCMSV database http://www.leeds.ac.uk/library/spcoll/bcmsv/bcmvlink.htm#bclt81