- Notes on Welsh dialect, by Grace Ellis
- In Praise of Philip Henry Wicksteed, typescript. Inset is a letter dated 18 August, 1883 from Charles Wicksteed to Grace Ellis.
- Reports, Science and Technical Library, 1916-1926
- Marriage settlement of John Roberts of Glanrafon, parish of Llanedwen and Anne Williams of Maesgeirchan, parish of Bangor, 11 May 1866. (Grace Ellis' father Dr Henry Ellis was one of the trustees)
Grace Ellis Papers
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 222 BMSS GRAE
- Dates of Creationc. 1880 - 1926
- Name of Creator
- Language of MaterialEnglish, and Welsh.
- Physical Description17 items
Scope and Content
Administrative / Biographical History
Grace Ellis was Assistant Librarian at the University of Wales, Bangor from 1885 to1926. She was one of the nine children of Anne and Henry Ellis (died 1869), physician and surgeon, who ran an apothecary business at High Street, Bangor with his second son Ellis Henry Ellis (1848-1882), also a physician and surgeon.
Material was received on separate occasions and incorporated into the General Collection of Bangor Manuscripts .
Open to all users
Description compiled by Anne Lenaghan, July 2002.
Other Finding Aids
Item level word-processed list is available at the Archives Department, University of Wales, Bangor. Reference numbers: General Collection of Bangor Manuscripts: 418, 452, 858-859, 1879-1883, 3208
Conditions Governing Use
Usual copyright conditions apply. Reprographics are made at the discretion of the Archivist.