Various series of minutes, 1946-94; Treasurer's records, 1946-78; correspondence, subject files and circulars, 1947-79; Scientific World, 1957-92; bibliography, 1989; photographs, 1940s-70s.
World Federation of Scientific Workers
Scope and Content
Administrative / Biographical History
The World Federation of Scientific Workers was founded in 1946. It has enjoyed the active participation of a number of eminent scientists. For a substantial period of its existence it has been recognised by UNESCO as a non-governmental organisation.
Conditions Governing Access
Access : Open.
The archive has only been catalogued to fonds level. This is available on-line. An authority file exists for this corporate body (GB 152 AAR1362).
The first deposit of records was made in October 1985. This deposit and subsequent accruals are listed in detail below.
- 30th October 1985 : 6 cartons of papers of Dr W. Wooster, one time officer, by parcel carrier [gift];
- 22nd November 1985 : main archive from offices of WFSW, approx. 20 cartons [indefinite loan];
- 23rd December 1985 : 1 box of AScW journal and correspondence files of Dr W. Wooster, road delivery [gift];
- 24th January 1986 : 7 boxes, circulars, 1966-74, unaccompanied van collection [indefinite loan];
- 16th July 1992 : 4 archive boxes, files, minutes, publications, by mail from PPU archivist [indefinite loan];
- 30th July 1992 : 1 microfilm (Moscow 1962), by mail from PPU archivist [indefinite loan];
- 18th September 1992 : publications and circulars, by mail from PPU archivist [indefinite loan];
- 23rd November 1992 : 1 volume, by mail from PPU archivist [indefinite loan];
- 20th december 1995 : 1 box of minutes and publications, by mail from Dr C. Russell [indefinite loan].