Comprises: (1) 20 play typescripts; (2) Poems in typescript; (3) The Jolly Friar, a light opera; (4) Correspondence, 96 letters in 5 envelopes together with 68 reviews and other items in 3 envelopes; (5) Manuscripts of plays (23 notebooks), verses (19 notebooks), and religious writings (8 notebooks); (6) 4 of his own publications; (7) A galley proof of 'What Thomas said', by himself and L. Foster; (8) 4 photographs, 2 of his parents and 2 of himself and Archbishop C.G. Lang.
Literary manuscripts, correspondence, and publications of Will Foster
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 206 Brotherton Collection MS 20c Foster
- Dates of Creationca. 1888-1942
- Name of Creator
- Language of MaterialEnglish
- Physical Description6 boxes, 50 notebooks, 4 printed books, 1 galley proof, and 4 photographs; manuscript, typescript, printed material, and photographs.
Scope and Content
Administrative / Biographical History
William Dunn Foster (1864-1955), better known as 'Will Foster', was a Yorkshire poet and playwright.
Access is unrestricted
The gift of F.G. Foster, Esq., F.R.G.S., F.R.S.A. on 7 October 1957.
Other Finding Aids
The letters are listed in the Letters database http://www.leeds.ac.uk/library/spcoll/letters/letlink.htm#foster