Heraldic collections from printed and manuscript sources made by A.W. Morant.
Collections by A.W. Morant
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 161 MSS. Eng. misc. c. 149-51
- Dates of Creation19th century
- Language of MaterialEnglish.
- Physical Description3 shelfmarks
Scope and Content
Administrative / Biographical History
Alfred William Morant (1828-1881) was an engineer, surveyor and antiquary.
Entry to read in the Library is permitted only on presentation of a valid reader's card (for admissions procedures see http://www.bodleian.ox.ac.uk/specialcollections).
The collections were bought from Puttick & Simpson in 1882.
Collection level description created by Emily Tarrant, Department of Special Collections and Western Manuscripts.
Other Finding Aids
M. Clapinson and T.D. Rogers, Summary Catalogue of Post-Medieval Western Manuscripts in the Bodleian Library Oxford. Acquisitions 1916-1975. (Oxford, 1991), vol. I, nos. 43616-18.