- MS 595/2;D Letter to Brian Hodgson, 24 February 1903 [From McMurdo Sound, Regarding progress of the British National Antarctic Expedition, 1901-1904] 1 leaf, typescript copy
- MS 989/1-24;D Letters (24) to his mother and other relatives, 1901-1904, carbon of typescript of the originals
- MS 280/23;D Letter to Raymond Priestley, 23 April 1926 [Refers to Frank Worsley and Hubert Wilkins] holograph
- MS 1453/109/1-4;D Letters (4) to Robert Falcon Scott, 20 September 1906 to 4 July 1907 [Various topics, including offer from Shackleton to serve on his expedition] 4 leaves, holograph
- MS 1181;D 'Polar expedition, Terra Nova, 1911-1913' [Personal opinion on the cause of the tragedy written circa 1913. Included are copies of letters to Hodgson from E.J. Wilson, Mary Wilson, Oriana Wilson, Kathleen Scott and others, mainly written 1913 in response to Hodgson's letters of condolence] 21 leaves, typescript and holograph (Xerox)
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 15 Thomas Hodgson/Correspondence
- Dates of Creation1901-1926
- Name of Creator
- Physical DescriptionCirca 30 letters and 1 report
- Direct Link
Scope and Content
Administrative / Biographical History
General correspondence including reports on the progress of the British National Antarctic Expedition, 1901-9104 (leader Robert Falcon Scott and letters written to family members during the expedition. The rest of the correspondence covers polar topics including the death of Scott and the polar party in 1912 during the British Antarctic Expedition, 1910-1913.
The correspondence is arranged alphabetically by recipient.