Manuscripts collected by Richard Reece, (1772-1850) surgeon and mayor of Cardiff, and presented with his printed books by Mr and Mrs J. H. Mullins of Llanishen in 1919.
The collection includes:
- the Parish register of Llanbadog, Monmouthshire, 1582-1709
- a transcript of or extracts from George Owen of Henllys and other sources, entitled 'Owen's brief account of Wales collected 1602'
- the civil and military list for Ireland in 1704
- a manuscript copy of The Monmouthshire estimate
- a poem dedicated to the Duke of Beaufort and printed at Monmouth in 1780
- a notebook of genealogical notes, mainly of Anglo-Norman families, but including a few Monmouthshire entries, possibly written by some later member of Reece's family
- two letters from Richard Reece to his brother Thomas (undated, but possibly 1847).